Monday, March 23, 2009

Update: Bye for a week

As you probably didn’t know, I applied to the 五日浸泡, or the five day immersion program, on the last possible day I could, (mainly because I’m too lazy for my own good.) I just received my response and it said, “Congratulations! The faculty has reviewed your application for 五日浸泡 and agreed that you would be an excellent representative of SYA at the Yanging Number One High School.
You will be participating in this activity on the following dates:
Wed, March 25-Sun, March 29
Details will follow.”
At first I was extremely happy, still am, but I soon realized that I have no time to celebrate my birthday. I’ll be gone the whole weekend before and after. No worries though, I just consider the immersion my birthday gift. Well that and going out for banana milkshakes afterschool on Tuesday. Homemade ice cream and hand crushed bananas in one glass. Best beverage on the face of the planet in everyone’s opinion who has tried it. Anyways, that will be my excuse for my lack of returning e-mails for the next week. There’s more to come on my immersion in the near future, seven days to be exact. I used to joke about having to make time for people in my schedule and look at all the stuff written on the back of my hand then say, I’m free. Now I legitimately don’t have time with a clock ticking until I 恋恋不舍地离开中国.

The wrong guy, the wrong situation, the right time to roll to me.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Want to know more...

Love Mom